A Flash Back

Long long ago.. so long ago... But I know how long ago!!

Yes 18 years back when she was a little too naught kid, who all thought would be just way too naughty and good for nothing, discovered something that can make her sit in a place for a while and fascinate her too. :)

The stunning interest was the love for color pencils. Though the first thing that interested her was to shave the pencils and play with the wooden shavings, later she realized that the pencils could be used on paper to make wonders too :)

Once she found that out, she never left a page on any book, news paper and even walls. Its said that zero was the discovery of Indians.. And I guess it was this little girl who could have done it decades back. This girl drew all sizes of zeros everywhere with color pencils.. :)

Hmmmmm.. that was when her parents came to know what she was going to be doing years later... aaaahaaaa ppl.. come on.. stop thinking.. their realization was not the fact that she was going to score those zeros in her academics but was her interest in art and crafts. ;)

Then on her parents and her favorite teacher Anni miss encouraged her to draw and color.

Yes!!!!! its my little history and this post is all about my kid time trials of art.:)

Today I was digging my treasures and found an old file with all these worn out art works of mine. So thought these deserve to go on my blog too.

Welcome to my KG collection.

All of them were drawn by me when I was between the age of 6-12. You will notice the improvement gradually. :)


Child art1

This is the first star that I felt was good looking and preserved :) Guess I would have scratched the sketches till they said 'I am done' ;)


Child art7

Boats have always been the easiest ever thing to draw.. :) Look at my perspective with the large one closer and small one at the end.

He he he I just wonder why that hot air balloon is trying to land there in the mid of the sea????


Child art

I always start off any picture with utmost enthusiasm, but it would just last for a while. This is one such. I would have planned to draw a garden of sunflowers, but got bored with just 7 of them and rushed up with a yellow background. :)

Do sunflowers have a pink center part?????


Child art3

Pencil drawing :) I am still thinking hard to recollect what I was trying to draw??? was it ships??? or trying to transport buildings by boats??? ha ha ha.. not sure :)


Child art5

A BIG decorative flower pot :) Symmetry is really difficult at any age..

Anni miss taught me to color within borders, but then I was dreaming of the lunch hour when I was doing the red portion :)


Child art4

Ufffffff I am here with an eraser now.. :) It was fun to know that anything can be undone with a rubber.. ;) Anything?????!!!!!!

Look at the remark. That is the secret behind preserving it.. should have felt like being crowned :)


Child art2

Paints into action. Camlin Water color tablets(orange box) used to be the best ever gift I would ever enjoy those days.

Spray paint was all the more interesting because at the end of the day I would look like a colorful dalmation dog with loads of spots on my white uniform :) Thats when we say "Kara Nalladhu" :)


Child art6

I am growing up with colors :)This is called Chinese painting. I am proud of my neat work and the remark too. :)


Child art8
My favorite pic. Me and my sis drew the same pic competing with each other. :)

There is something really funny with this pic.. Okay lets have a game out here..

GUESS WHAT IS WEIRD BUT FUNNY IN THE ABOVE ELEPHANT PIC???

18 comments:

sree said...

lovely treasures!!!
Is the elephant trying to dance????
whatever it's doing it's pretty...:)

Pavithra Elangovan said...

He he thats really sweet of you nithi loved all your flash backs.. I bet you won with anu am I right? so the weird about the elephant having the rat tail. Paavam elephant also so sad of its small tail and looking back to have a look at it.

Malini's Signature said...

Nice nithi....sweet flash backs :-)

Raks said...

Nice flash back and very nice to see all ur collections from child hood,i too used to do the same,but i don't have all those now ;)

Elephant tusk podalaya illa legs crooked a irkkeradha?

Shama Nagarajan said...

beautiful treasures....nice ones

Shama Nagarajan said...

please do participate in http://myhandicraftscollection.blogspot.com/2009/12/christmas-crafts-event.html

Swarna Prabhu said...

Awesome preservation.. A nice depiction of how a small ravi varma has evolved in you over years!:)

@ elephant Pic...If not wrong,looks for me like one of the back leg is moved to front..:)
But not well noticeable..

Yet another post well explained..
Keep going!

Perspectivemedley said...

Beautiful!

Faiza Ali said...

Beautiful painting Nithya..about the Elephant?...hmmmm.I was wondering how come all his 4 legs are in the same line? I mean when you see from the side, you see only two legs, right ;)? All four legs of your cute elephant are in a line and can be seen by the viewer :D

Magia da Inês said...

Olá, amiga!
Conheci seu cantinho... tudo de bom!...
Lindo, criativo...amei!!!
Você é muito talentosa!... parabéns!!!
Espero você em:
magiadaines.blogspot.com
Boa semana!
Beijinhos.
Itabira - Brasil

Unknown said...

Hello Nithya,Nice articulated script...Ur post has made mind roll back to those golden days where I also encountered some similar experience....Great one!!! keep going...

Parita said...

So sweet post buddy! Wish i had some of my old creations from school :-)
Elephant leg looks weird ???

Manjulaprabakaran said...

hi nithi hru? I wish u happy and wonderful happy newyear. Iam manjulaprabakaran from Uk. Iam a great fan of u. All ur post are too gud. U should be a wondeful person. Ur recent post flash back is too gud. U r simply superab.

Regards
Manjulaprabakaran

R Kamal said...

cute... i had a teacher named Annie too!

Vedha said...

sooo cute

Coral said...

Chinmayee like your school days sketches...specialy star and elephant..

Matangi Mawley said...

This is brilliant!! :D

very inspiring.. do u watch MAD/Art attack.. it's like tht.. :) seeing these..

Unknown said...

Amazing! And nostalgic too! Reminds me of the art classes during VM days. I still could recollect sitting next to you during that Chinese painting session. Good old days Niths! Keep the art evolving! Gud luck!